Sunday, February 8, 2009

6 Months

Well, it h as been six months since Oliver was born. We went to the cemetery this morning on the way to church and of course Violet was with us. My husband asked, "When do we tell Violet?" I replied that we could talk to her about it now but that she won't remember.

So he explained to her that we were visiting her brother and that his name is Oliver. I asked her if she could say Oliver and it was so cute/sad to hear her say it.

Anyway, it was emotional but not too bad. It helped that I didn't really have to talk to anyone all day.

Tomorrow is my first day back full time. I am taking over a grade seven class. Should be interesting.

Had a very awkward conversation with a staff member on Friday when I was in subbing. Before I start I will tell you that in August when they had their first all school staff meeting what had happened with Oliver was explained to the staff and they spent time praying for us.

So when I sat down for lunch and a staff member asked, "How old are your kids now?" I didn't really know how to respond. I just stared at her for a moment and she said something about me only having one so I just talked about Violet and left it at that not wanting to get into everything. Then she said, "I thought you had another one before that." To which I replied, "No, I had one after. In August." And she said, "Oh yeah, sorry" or something like that. She really is a nice lady and I'm not sure if maybe she missed the meeting (she is in the business office of the school) or just forgot but it sure was a strange conversation.

I guess I can look forward to more of that in the next months...

No comments:

babies