Sunday, November 9, 2008

Weekend Update

Well, this weekend was/is the weekend of dates. Friday was our original due date (the 7th) and Saturday (the 8th) was Oliver's 3 month "birthday." At first I was not looking forward to having those two things so close together but in the end I think it was better to have one not great weekend rather than two of them.

So, how was my weekend? Surprisingly not that bad. I think I had built it up into this huge event that was going to reduce me to tears which would not have been entirely shocking. I was not in a good mood on Friday. I cried a little in the evening once Ward was home. But not the meltdown I had expected. Saturday was actually a good day all things considered. I had arranged for Violet to go to her grandparents for a sleep over so I dropped her off around lunch. I had a spa treatment booked for the afternoon (which had originally been a pregnancy massage bought for me for mother's day by my hubby). It was really great. It was a hot stone massage and I would totally recommend it to anyone thinking of going in for some pampering. After that I did a little shopping and by the time I got home Ward was also just getting home from work. We had the evening to ourselves and it was a nice treat. Of course I thought about Oliver a lot but I was glad not to be controlled by my grief.

So, now it is Sunday - my most dreaded of days. Church is usually the hardest place to go. It always makes me emotional. But, on the plus side I am home alone right now and enjoying a cup of coffee. Did I mention I was home alone? The last time I was able to wake up alone in the house was before Violet was born. Obviously I would rather be home with a sleeping or crying or hungry newborn but since that can't be the case I will take the silence.

Sorry this is kinda rambles a bit but I warned you that might happen in my blog title...

1 comment:

Allie said...

I am so glad that this weekend was peaceful for you.

babies