Sunday, September 14, 2008

Bellies

On Friday I took my daughter to the YMCA to play with other toddlers. It was fun for her to see some of her friends and run around. One thing she did was head straight for the baby that was sleeping in her car seat. She loves babies. Well, babies, dogs, cows (boos), horses (neighs), and cats (meoos). It is all very cute but I could do without the baby bit. I managed to distract her and get her back to playing.

One time a couple weeks ago she was looking at some dogs and the ladies also had babies. I had tried to keep her away but she really loves dogs. When I told the moms of her love of babies one of them said, "Maybe mommy should make you one." Wow. An innocent enough comment but she is lucky I am fairly polite. I wanted to yell at her but I knew it wasn't worth ruining her day.

Anyway, back to the toddler time. There were a couple pregnant people there and I couldn't help but to stare at their bellies. One of them had a particularly round one and I was quite jealous of it. I can't help but to contrast it with my own sad flabby belly. I think that I have actually gained weight since Oliver was born. I have been eating a lot of candy and my husband keeps buying ice cream. He is training for a marathon so he can indulge and feed his grief a little more than most. So, when I see pregnant bellies and think about how I should be 32 weeks pregnant right now I am sad that all I have is a post baby body.

No comments:

babies