Saturday, September 20, 2008

Sleep

Oh to get one good night's sleep. It seems like I wake up a little less rested each day. Since Oliver's service I have had 3 nights of restless sleep filled with dreams of babies. The dreams make no sense and I am not going to even try to write them down. I am fortunate that Violet is such an easy going child (except for the occasional "no" festival she has). At least she sleeps.

Tonight is another example of my failure to sleep. Right now it is 10:30 pm. Perhaps not too late for some but I did try to go to bed around 9. My husband is out at a movie so I thought I would have an early night. Well, as usual, I was having trouble falling asleep. Then just as I was about to fall into what I can only imagine would have been my best night's sleep ever I heard a noise. What was it? Who knows. Probably the neighbours banging around. They seem to be doing a lot of that tonight. That's not what I thought it was though. No, my very overactive imagination came up with the idea that it must be someone in the house. Of course that is silly since our doors and windows beep very loudly when opened, but it was enough to wake me up and get me out of bed. I even looked behind the shower curtains in both bathrooms. So, it looks like I will be up for a while.

I suppose since I am in update mode I should write something about the service. I have been putting off updating because I didn't know what to write. What is there to say. It was a beautiful service but I hate that we had to have it. It was ridiculous to see the little tiny hole in the ground, the little box, all the people staring at their feet. My pastors did a good job but I can't remember what they said. I remember they said our names a lot, and they prayed. There were about 25 people or so. My brother and his wife hosted lunch after and a lot of our friends brought food. It is good to have so many people supporting us but I HATE the reason for the day.

No comments:

babies