Friday, December 12, 2008

Home Again...

Well, we went away last weekend and it was really nice. It was great to get away just the two of us and actually have fun together. I mean we always have fun with Violet too but well, you know parents need alone time too! That was the longest we have been away from Violet. We left Friday morning and didn't see her until Tuesday morning. My parents came in from out of town to watch her. My dad gave her junk food and let her watch TV (one of her new words is "Backyardigans"). The took her to the Santa Clause parade. It sounds like they had a great time! I am so thankful that they travelled all the way here to watch her.

Ward qualified for the Boston Marathon with a time of 3:15:44 so we are off to Boston in 2010! Something to plan for.

So, we've had a few pregnancy announcements in our life lately. Of course we are happy for our friends. One couple has been trying for a while so we are glad for them. I also got a letter from another friend and found out she is expecting in March! That is so soon. Her son was 1 in August.

Yeah, so I am a little sad about all of that. More babies. whoo. By the time most of them arrive it will be almost a year since Oliver died. I have been struggling a lot this week with why. Why? How can there be no reason? How can a perfectly healthy baby just die? Why me? I know everyone has these thoughts.

So, now we are talking about trying again. I am dreading it. The scheduling, the waiting, the disappointments. With Oliver it happened as we were deciding to start "not not trying" but it took a little longer with Violet. It's just different this time. There is so much more going on. I don't want to get stressed out but I think it is too late.

If anyone has advice or comments about trying again I would love to hear them.

No comments:

babies