Tuesday, December 2, 2008

More of the Same

Well, it seems that crying at church will be added to the "new normal" for a while. This Sunday was not nearly as volatile as last week but there were still tears.

We were sitting a few rows behind our friends with the newborn and I was just getting emotional thinking about how we should have Oliver with us too. Another couple was there with their baby for the first time too. Ward asked if I wanted to move and I said yes maybe but where to? It doesn't seem to matter where we sit.

We stayed this time. I had to read a passage at the end and had the pastor's Bible so there was no getting away. One of my friends joked that I should start attending a church were it is mostly senior citizens. Funny but not practical for real life.

So, the what should have or could have been was on my mind for sure.

On an up note Ward and I are off to Vegas this weekend! He is finally running his qualifying race for Boston and I am going to shop. Still about 10 pounds (or more after the week I've had) off my pre-baby me but I am going to buy a few things anyway. Like a bra that fits for one. Why does your body change so much every time you have a child?? My parents are coming into town to watch Violet so it will be a much needed holiday for us. I'll let you know how it is!

No comments:

babies