Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Feeling Better

I am in a better mood today. We (Violet and I) have been keeping busy this week with shopping and visiting and cooking. I have decided to make a bunch of soup for one of my very good friends who is having a baby in November. It was fun to work in the kitchen but not fun when I saw what a mess I had made!

Running has been going well too. I went out and bought a new running shirt for the outdoors (it is very rainy and cold here in the winter). So far this week I have run 9 miles with 3 more to go on Saturday. My time was not as slow as previously posted. Tonight I ran 3 miles in 33 minutes which puts me well within the 3 hour time limit of the race I am signing up for. It feels good to run again. To let off some steam and feel like I might actually get into shape.

I have put together a photo box with some of Oliver's things. It has footprints, hand prints, and an ultrasound photo from our 19 week ultrasound. He was moving around like crazy that day! No photo of him after he was born though. We haven't shown that to anyone yet. I would like to show my parents though.

















So, life goes on. 6 more weeks of maternity leave (weird that it is called that even in this circumstance) then it will be back to work. There is a lady in my townhouse complex who watches kids who will take Violet so that is cool. As much as I dread going back to work I am looking forward to it as well. I think it will be good for me to get out and talk to adults again. Baby brain has been compounded by everything and I find myself not making a lot of sense at times. My mom told me to start taking Omega 3's but I realized after taking them that they are probably a point each (Weight Watchers) and I am supposed to take 3 a day. I will have to look into that at my next WW meeting.

Time for sleep now.

No comments:

babies